Re: [Evolution] Tracker slows down evolution while indexing

On Thu, 2014-05-15 at 17:23 +0200, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
So I uninstalled tracker and everything is back to normal.

IMHO, it would be nice to use PostgreSQL as tracker backend and not this
kind of indexing that is being used today and does not work.

        Hi,
this is more suitable to a tracker list. Evolution doesn't provide any
plugin for it, it's the tracker which provides evolution plugin, which
they use for listening for changes and updating their indexes.

Maybe your distribution has the tracker's evolution plugin packaged in a
separate package, thus you would be able to uninstall only it, or the
tracker has an option to disable evolution's mail indexing. I do not use
neither tracker, nor Debian, thus I cannot tell for sure. I'm sorry.
        Bye,
        Milan