[Evolution] Subscribed folders?

I use an email server in my department.  On the server, in my home
directory, there is a Directory called Mail and within Mail are a bunch
of subdirectories.

I run Fedora Linux 20, and my Department runs Enterprise Linux, which is
a version of Red Hat Linux.

On evolution, I have an account for the server and if I right click on
that, there is an item Manage Subscriptions.  If I choose that there are
boxes next to the various items in the Mail directory which presumably I
can manage to subscribe to or not.  But they appear in that account in
evolution whether or not I have subscribed to them.  One, in particular,
called from shows (50901), indicating a large number of unread messages.
If I click on from I see lots of messages with all fields blank except
Date which has a ? in it.  If I go to the server, I can read from and it
has lots of messages in it.

Is there some way I can prevent from from appearing in evolution?
Presumably, if I move it out of Mail on the server, that would do the
job, but that might mess up my mail some way or other.  What is the
function of from?
--
Leonard Evens len math northwestern edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University