Re: [Evolution] Failed to refresh folder INBOX/lost emails

Did not work for my gmail account. Still emails are lost! Another issue
is that deleted email just disappear regularly, even if I chose to keep
deleted emails until expunging the folder???

The default for Gmail is to auto-expunge deleted messages (independently
of what you have set Evolution to do).  To change it in Gmail go to
Settings -> "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" and the setting is in the IMAP
section.

But in general the IMAP bit of Gmail always feels like a bit of
cobbled-on after thought and some of the IMAP features do not map
cleanly on to Gmail - and deleting is one of those.  After all the
mantra of Gmail has always been "Why delete it when you have so much
space"

P.