Re: [Evolution] Recognizing "Junk" Header from ISP

On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 22:15 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 09:47 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
I'm pleased to have a couple of replies to my posting, but still no
answers to the question: how to recognize junk on the existence of a
particular header without concern for its content.

Define a filter (On Specific Header) with the action Set Status to Junk.

This appears to work; incoming messages are recognized correctly.

Oddly similar searches on mail already in Inbox don't work.  Quoting
from my earlier postings:

... when I try to select messages from Inbox which
have a header line starting "X-YahooFilteredBulk:" by clicking
        Search->Advanced Search->Add Condition
to get a choice box in which I enter:
        Specific Header  :  X-YahooFilteredBulk  :  Exists  :  <Empty Field>
nothing is selected, despite the fact that many such messages are in Inbox

Alternately (editing the above for a new test)

... when I try to select messages from Inbox which
have a header line starting "X-YahooFilteredBulk:" by clicking
        Search->Advanced Search->Add Condition
to get a choice box in which I enter:
        Specific Header  :  X-YahooFilteredBulk  :  does not contain  : xxxxxx
all messages are selected.

Thanks - jon