Re: [Evolution] How to find mails which have disappered ?

On Sun, 2014-01-26 at 16:44 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Sat, 2014-01-25 at 21:01 +0100, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
I am having a similar problem right at this moment with Evolution. I
know that I have about 75 mails on my pop server (amongst others,
several from this list!). They are being downloaded about one every 10
minutes or so, and then comes an error message that Evolution could not
get a POP summary and a second one that the pop server closed the
session. (By chance this mail was the latest to arrive. I can send
mails, as you can see)
I posted a forum thread on opensuse/applications (English) a couple of
weeks ago describing in more detail the stability problems I have been
having with Evolution. In case anyoone wants to look, the title of the
post is 'Evolution unstable'

That is a misleading title.  If Evolution said "the pop server closed
the session" do you have a substantive reason for believing that this is
message is not true?  That and the POP summary message make me suspect a
network or provider issue.

The second message is (something like) "could not download message id
nnnn. TCP session closed by peer".

 is tucked in the system at a level below the
application level and is, therefore, beset with the similar sicknesses
to MS Outlook?

I do not even know what this means.

"tucked in the system at a level"????

I was just a bit puzzled by the fact that I get Evolution notifications
even when the evolution mail client has not been started. But Pete Biggs
gave me a plausible explanation for that.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? Does anyone have a solution?"

No.  But I do not use an EWS account, so that is one difference.

If you disable and account does the same behavior still exhibit itself?
Have you tried disabling accounts and running them activated one at a
time to see if one account is the culprit?

I cannot disable the EWS account within the Evolution client. It can
only be deleted. And yes, I am having problems connecting to that
account server as well.