Re: [Evolution] I/O operation timing out

On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 23:28 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On 24 January 2014 22:22, Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> wrote:
To be honest it sounds like something is wrong with your NAT
router/firewall in that the packets are being sent to the wrong host -
it could be configuration or it could just be a bug, but it certainly
seems like packets are going astray.
I would agree. The router may not be handling NAT correctly or may be
limiting the number of internal machines it supports. As a first step,
try resetting it to see what happens.

Or the ISP is doing NAT `for you` and their NAT is oversubscribed or
saturated.  In which case you are screwed.  This smells a lot like a
network issue that just, as-far-as-we-know, manifests [at least] for
this specific use.

Can you establish a VPN tunnel to somewhere else, make that your default
route, and see if doing all the downloads over that solves the problem?

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383