Re: [Evolution] Cursor positioning on replies/Reeke

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 11:47 -0800, Brewster Gillett wrote:
On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 11:25 -0500, George Reeke wrote:
Re: Evolution 2.32.3 on RedHat RHEL 6.5 (64-bit).
Everything works fine except I notice when I open a reply window,
the cursor sits at the upper left of the window as it should
(for top-reply used with everything but these lists), <snip>

bg:

The reason that almost every email program places the cursor at the
beginning of the backquote is probably one of the most widely
misunderstood phenomena on the Net. It is placed there because the
idea is to allow the replier to scroll down through the backquote,
snipping out everything but the couple-three lines relevant to their
reply, then launching their reply *below* that.
Brewster
(user of email since 1981)

I understand and appreciate the philosophy you have explained about
why this "feature" works the way it does.  However, it does not work
the way I need to work with numerous colleagues who want top posting.
This is open-source software and one reason I use it is so I can
modify what is troublesome for me.  So I was planning to code this
to my liking and the purpose of my posting was to see if I could get
some hints about where to start looking.  I was assuming it would be
in the .ui files, but if it is in some C or C++ source code, it would
help to know that as well, as in that case I might not decide not to
bother.
All the best,
George Reeke