Re: [Evolution] Best Distribution to self compile master?

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 6:57 AM, Thomas Mittelstaedt <tmstaedt t-mittelstaedt de> wrote:

Have you tried the command to install build dependencies for evolution:
apt-get build-dep evolution
That usually gets the basic libraries installed. The others you might
need to build manually into your $PREFIX build directory structure.
Also, you might consider building in a different directory than the
source directories like:
$PREFIX/local/build
$PREFIX/local/src

Hi Thomas,

I installed a virtual Kubuntu 14.04 yesterday and managed to build Evo from master and to install standard /usr/local. Indeed I had to pull some libraries with build-dep but you need to be careful as it also brings many unneeded things like evolution-data-server and the likes. (I also compile evolution-data-server from master).

So I think it will be possible to use 3.12 in Kubuntu 14.04 without much hassle.

--
Emre