Re: [Evolution] Mail List Sorting Issue

The sorting is an issue, but there are workarounds. For your situation I
would use a search folder.

Edit > Search Folders > Add > [...] surname of the sender

Then I would sort the content of this search folder by date.

I don't know a workaround, for the time Evolution needs to sort
messages. On a 4 GiB RAM, 2.1 GHz dual-core machine, some searches are
quasi impossible, because it would take too much time, if you have large
amounts of emails. IOW if you want to find a reply from/to a mailing
list, you better use Google or better Start Page.