Re: [Evolution] EWS: Calendar moving my appointments 30 minutes forward?

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> wrote:

What version of Exchange?

Hi Pete, it's Exchange 2010.

Basically timezones are an horrendous issue in any calendaring
application - in fact date and time calculations are a disgustingly
complicated thing in general.  If you search for "evolution-ews
timezone" on Google you get some hits on blog entries and bugzilla
reports on problems and some hints on how to deal with them.  Basically
you need to make sure Evolution and Exchange are both using the same
timezone.

It can be horrendous but I think this is a core thing a calendar application shall do right. The EWS Calendar add-on in Thunderbird is doing this correctly for example.

The server is probably somewhere in Europe, I'm in Dubai. There's no way they can be at the same time zone. (And this does not matter when I use Thunderbird EWS or Outlook)

--
Emre