Re: [Evolution] EWS: Calendar moving my appointments 30 minutes forward?

This is on Kubuntu 13.10, jhbuild built Evo 3.11.90 webkit-composer
branch which was repo rebased 13 days ago.  Account is exchange with
evolution-ews.

What version of Exchange?

I just recognized that for the meetings I created, Evolution pushes it
30 minutes later.  My system timezone is: Asia/Dubai, I tried setting
it manually in Evolution, no change.

When I create appointment, say at 15:00, it appears at 15:00, then 3-4
seconds later, it moves to 15:30. Basically, evolution sets the
appointment on Tehran time zone, rather than the selected Dubai time
zone. (ie it sets is 15:00 Tehran time rather than Dubai time)

Basically timezones are an horrendous issue in any calendaring
application - in fact date and time calculations are a disgustingly
complicated thing in general.  If you search for "evolution-ews
timezone" on Google you get some hits on blog entries and bugzilla
reports on problems and some hints on how to deal with them.  Basically
you need to make sure Evolution and Exchange are both using the same
timezone.

P.