Re: [Evolution] Issues accessing gmail (IMAP+)?

On Mon, 2014-02-17 at 07:48 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I have been told that they rate-limit IMAP and SMTP connections [I
have not authoritative citation for this].  But if it is true and you
are polling too frequently that could explain notification brown-outs.

I don't think this is it, unless Evo is somehow polling a lot more
frequently than before: I don't notice this behavior on my other system
running Evo 3.6.4 accessing the exact same account.

For example this morning I got up (my system was running overnight) and
I see that my ISP IMAP mailbox is full of stuff, but my gmail mailbox is
empty.  This seems unlikely, and sure enough if I start gmail I see I
have 3 emails, the earliest of which appeared at 12:01am (8 hours ago).

And yet, no amount of clicking "Send/Receive" in Evolution gets it to
notice those emails.

I have exactly the same receive options checked as Patrick (I think this
is the default and I haven't changed the default).

Let me ask this: is there something special that Evolution does if it
detects that the account is on GMail, by looking at the email address to
see if it's @gmail.com?

Because here's the thing: I have a company email account hosted by
gmail.  So it's a gmail account and I use the normal gmail IMAP
settings, but the email address is not @gmail.com it's something else.
This account is the one having problems with Evolution 3.11.

But I also have a personal gmail account @gmail.com and as far as I can
tell this one works OK.

Of course another possibility is that somehow Evolution's database for
that account is corrupted or similar, and it's not related to gmail at
all.  I tried vacuuming it the other day and it worked fine (no errors)
for what it's worth.