Re: [Evolution] Issues accessing gmail (IMAP+)?

On Mon, 2014-02-17 at 10:43 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2014-02-15 at 23:43 +0100, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
On Sat, 2014-02-15 at 17:34 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
Overall I really like it, but it seems like there's some issue with
accessing gmail accounts (but not my ISP IMAP account).  If I look at my
gmail account with my browser I'll see I have a few new emails, but
Evolution says I have no new email even if I click Send/Receive.
That issue seem to be rather a general problem... at least I experience
it with many IMAP servers.
I'm using Evo 3.10.3 on Fedora 20 with two Gmail accounts, both set to
IMAP+, and don't have this problem. My Receive options are:
Check for new mail in subscribed folders
Use server Quick Resync
Listen for server change notifications
You might also want to experiment with the new mail check interval (same
Preference panel).

I have been told that they rate-limit IMAP and SMTP connections [I have
not authoritative citation for this].  But if it is true and you are
polling too frequently that could explain notification brown-outs.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383