Re: [Evolution] Evolution EWS and Squid proxy

On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 09:58 +0000, Jasper Van Der Westhuizen wrote:
Yes, that is exactly where I set up the proxy settings. I am not able
to access the URL outlook.office365.com cloud server via proxy. All
the other users that make use of Outlook and the same proxy don't have
any problems.

        Hi,
OK, just in case, you setup a "manual proxy", and fill some proxy server
for the "secure HTTP" protocol, and then try to connect to an EWS
account? That's how it should work (maybe after evolution's restart,
just in case).

When you run evolution from a terminal like this:
   $ EWS_DEBUG=2 evolution

then you'll see all the raw communication between evolution and the
exchange server, and possibly also the reason why it cannot connect and
whether it uses the proxy or not. There is still a chance that your
Outlook users doesn't use EWS protocol, but MAPI (I have no idea how
office365.com works, what protocols are enabled there and where the EWS
server-side listens, to be honest).

I see, with 3.10.3, the "secure HTTP" is used for evolution-ews, because
when I fill it, I cannot connect to my Exchange server, but without it I
can. I also noticed that the 'Fetch URL' button doesn't use expected
addresses, thus try to skip that part and just continue in the wizard.
It doesn't use the right addresses at least to me. This might be
unrelated to your issue.
        Bye,
        Milan