Re: [Evolution] Evolution pinging IMAP gmail

On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 19:20 +0100, Ambrogio De Lorenzo wrote:
Il giorno mar, 11/02/2014 alle 10.13 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan ha
scritto:
> On 10 February 2014 15:45, Ambrogio De Lorenzo <ogio spam gmail com> wrote:
> >> Fetchmail supports IMAP as well as POP (see for example:
> >> http://daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=5590) so I still think it's a
> >> possible workaround even if not ideal..
> > Yes I know, but if I read a message with Evo, it remain to be read on
> > other devices.
>
> Not sure I understand. Do you mean that fetchmail does not mark the
> message as Read on the server? Marking a message as Read is something
> the IMAP server does automatically. It would be different if you
> wanted to flip the state to Unread, since AFAIK fetchmail doesn't
> support that. However I haven't used fetchmail in a long time so I may
> have this completely wrong. I do know there's a fetchmail option to
> leave messages on the server or to delete them, but I forget which is
> the default.
Hi poc,
I mean that if I read a message with evolution connected to an IMAP
server, in a few seconds I will see it read also on other devices.
This is not true if I fetch mails.

Bye
 Ambrogio