Re: [Evolution] Evolution pinging IMAP gmail

Now I installed a fresh fedora 20 with evolution 3.10.3 and I thought
that some bugs where gone.

Yes, lots have ...

I have the same behaviour with gmail imap.
Evo still ping to the server and sometimes it hangs for minutes.
I can't understand why, but that stop a lot of other activities (even
the retrieve of messages from a local imap server).

It's to do with the mail retrieval threads not being totally
asynchronous - it has been discussed lots recently, for instance see the
thread starting at

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2013-October/msg00008.html

and going on for the next three months.

In my experience gmail imap is one of the worst offenders - I often get
timeout errors with gmail at home when I'm on the end of a long, slow
DSL line (never at work when I'm connected at gigabit speeds).  Life is
usually much easier with Evo if I disable my gmail account.

I read that this question is common on internet but I don't understand
if there is a solution.
Someone can explain to me that?

The developers know about it, but changing the fundamental way that mail
retrieval operates is not a trivial undertaking.  There's also lots of
other things that need to be done with Evo, and developers time is not
limitless.  Probably the best thing to do is to find the relevant bug
report in bugzilla (sorry, don't know what it is), and add a comment to
it.

P.