Re: [Evolution] HTML support in evo (which ships with Ubuntu 14.04)

On Thu, 2014-04-24 at 11:28 +0530, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 18:25 -0400, Swarup wrote:
Does the evo which ships with Ubuntu 14.04 support HTML?

Evolution has support HTML e-mail for a long time.  I have no idea what
version of anything is included in Ubuntu X.

Another issue is: has the search function improved? In 2.26.1 evo does
not search text well. If I want to search for a given key word or phrase
in a particular folder, or in all mail folders, its search mechanism and
format is very rudimentary.
Searching for a word in a message across folders has worked well for me
for local mail. For remote mail it can be rather slow.
No idea what "rudimentary" means here and I don't think that judgemental
terms are helpful when you are after discussing technical functionality.

Searching remote mail will depend on the server.  Some servers implement
search poorly, others do well, and sometimes it is a configuration
issue. [In Cyrus IMAPd it depends on squatter indexes].

I don't see how the search is "rudimentary".  Show me all the e-mails
with mention "lvextend" .. BAM!  There they are.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383