Re: [Evolution] HTML support in evo (which ships with Ubuntu 14.04)

Hi,

see below...

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
Sent: Apr 24, 2014 1:58 AM
To: evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] HTML support in evo (which ships with Ubuntu 14.04)

On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 18:25 -0400, Swarup wrote:
Does the evo which ships with Ubuntu 14.04 support HTML?

Assuming that Ubuntu some.recent.version.number.I.guess ships an
Evolution version higher than 0.12, the answer is Yes:
Evolution renders HTML mail (now even with CSS not ignored anymore!),
and the mail composer provides basic HTML support which will turn into
gorgeous amazing HTML support in Evolution 3.14 yet to be released.

Ok, thanks. My main concern is the mail composer, which really did not support HTML at all in my admittedly
very old version of evo which I've been running for the past five years.

When evo 3.14 is released, will users of Ubuntu 14.04 be able to upgrade to it and use it?

Any idea when this is expected to be released?

If this support is still not there, then I
may have to consider migrating to Thunderbird at this juncture.

You might want to try both and see what better fits your needs.

Thank you, I may do just that. :-)

Another issue is: has the search function improved? In 2.26.1 evo does
not search text well. If I want to search for a given key word or phrase
in a particular folder, or in all mail folders, its search mechanism and
format is very rudimentary.

Searching for a word in a message across folders has worked well for me
for local mail. For remote mail it can be rather slow.
No idea what "rudimentary" means here and I don't think that judgemental
terms are helpful when you are after discussing technical functionality.

I only do searching locally. It sounds from what you and others have written on this point, that evo has made
great strides since the version which I am currently running. Please don't mind about my use of the word
rudimentary-- I meant it in a purely technical sense, without any judgement intended. The search function on
my version of evo only highlights the search term in whatever document is showing, and one literally has to
go scrolling through each document to see where the word was found. If there are 1000 mails in a folder, one
will have to scroll through all 1000 oneself to see where the word was found. So it was literally a very
basic search function. My guess from what you and others have expressed, is it may provide a search window
now which provides a report of where the term was found. Something of that sort would be needed when
searching large numbers of mails...

Thanks again,
Swarup