[Evolution] HTML support in evo (which ships with Ubuntu 14.04)

Hello,
Does the evo which ships with Ubuntu 14.04 support HTML? This might be a
game clincher for me. I publish an electronic newsletter in HTML format,
and need basic HTML i.e. for formatting text-- such as bold face, large
font, and center justification for subheadings etc. It needs to be able
to manage this and maintain line spacing as set by the writer. My
current evo 2.26.1 does not do this properly, and it has been a big
struggle for me because of this. If basic HTML support for text
formatting has improved, then that is fine-- I'll stick with evo as in
all other regards I like it. If this support is still not there, then I
may have to consider migrating to Thunderbird at this juncture.

Another issue is: has the search function improved? In 2.26.1 evo does
not search text well. If I want to search for a given key word or phrase
in a particular folder, or in all mail folders, its search mechanism and
format is very rudimentary.

Swarup