Re: [Evolution] evolution 3.10.4 wont display memos

On Sun, 2014-04-20 at 08:53 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
First, I don't think it would work trying to import a folder into
itself.  Try moving the file elsewhere, then import it.

Second, run evolution from the command line to see if there are any
errors.  To be honest it sounds like a permission problem - check the
file is accessible by your username.

        Hi,
Third, could there be restored also any filters in the Memo View?
Because it sounds just like that.

I suppose you see in the Memo view On This Computer/Personal, and it is
checked. The status bar doesn't show anything. Is it correct? The path
you mentioned is the correct path where On This Computer/Personal memo
list is storing and opening its data.

You can also try to run evolution-calendar-factory from a console, like:
   $ /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w

and then run evolution and check the output there, because, similar as
on the evolution's console, also here can be shown certain errors on the
file open. One possibility, check whether the ics file is UTF-8 encoded.
Also try to search in the Memo view, if there is any issue, the consoles
(either factory's or evolution's) can show some errors - or any such
errors will be shown directly in evolution's UI.
        Bye,
        Milan