Re: [Evolution] Am I the only one who needs an option to allocate accounts to recipients?

On Wed, 2013-09-25 at 14:20 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
That's why I ask to add it to the contact editor. I've got different
accounts, for different mailing lists and I want that the right account
is selected not only when I reply, but also when I write a new mail.

The contact editor has an option to chose or not chose HTML for each
recipient.

        Hi,
that's true, but it only works if you auto-complete the recipient (thus
not on reply). Doing the lookup for the recipients is time consuming,
remember all those freezes when "Formatting message..." when evolution
was doing addressbook lookups to decide whether to show/download images
from the Internet in the message body or not. The "choose the right
account by default" is even complicated, especially when you send to
more recipients, and each has set different account to be used. Dividing
an email into set of emails is not what your really want to do.

From that I'd rather see it as a new tab in Edit->Preferences->Mail
Preferences, where you'll have two columns:
   Accounts         |    Use for Recipients
and selecting the account will change the list of recipients. Some kind
of wildcarding of the recipient address would also make sense. In case
of more matching (it can happen), just pick the first found, in order of
accounts, probably.

There might be also a preference per folder, in Folder properties, just
pick one of the preferred account to use when replying/composing in that
folder, or simply "None preferred".

The order of evaluation would then be:
a) Folder has preference, use it
b) any recipient hits any of the Accounts->Use for recipients, rule, use it
c) behave like it does now

It's just an initial idea, but I do not know, maybe it's overcomplicated
to be used by regular users. Also note that it would be about emails,
rather than about contacts.
        Bye,
        Milan