[Evolution] setting default font when sending mail

Hello all,

I've only recently started using HTML for composing messages (up until now I was using plain text).

My receipients started noticing the Font I'm using. They say it is not very usual.

So I'dd like to ask 2 questions:

a) is there a commonly accepted font for sending emails ? among the fonts supported in Evolution which one would be a good choice ? (99% my recipients use MSOutlook)
b) how do I set that font globally to be used in every message I write ?

... I wonder... could it be that this is a recipient side issue, instead of a sender side configuration ?

Thank you
Joao

PS: using evolution as mail client since 2001! 12 years :)