Re: [Evolution] Time drifting using Android - Exchange 2010 - Evolution

Den 05/30/2013 08:51 AM, skrev evolution-list-request gnome org:

        Hi,
it might be better to start with evolution itself, not with your admins.
I suggest to debug what the server returns to you. One UI way is to open
the event editor and turn on View->Time zone, then you'll see what time
zone is the event at.
Now, we're getting somewhere... When opening an event created on my phone, no time zone appears, just an active "Select..." box from which I can choose time zone. Opening an event created in Outlook, the time zone says GMT+1. Opening an event created in OWA, the time zone says Romance Standard Time. Creating an event in Evolution and opening it again afterwards it says Europe/Oslo, which is the system's time. The main thing is that events created on the phone does not appear with time zone set in Evolution. I also tried to view the time zone in Outlook, and all are viewed as GMT+1, although events created in Evolution or on the phone says Belgrade... and events created in OWA says Brussels...
More core debugging looks like:
a) close evolution and all its related processes, namely
    e-calendar-factory process
b) open a terminal and run there the factory with debugging on:
    $ EWS_DEBUG=2 /usr/libexec/e-calendar-factory -w
    notes: 1) path on your system can be different; 2) if -2 doesn't work
    in 3.4, then run it without it).
c) enter a new appointment on your phone
d) run evolution on another terminal
    you should see printed new lines on the factory console. I guess
    if you entered some recognizable summary of the event, then you'll
    see where it starts. The raw data is important for debugging.
e) when the event shows in evolution, right-click it and choose
    "Save...", pick some nice name for it. Open it in a text editor and
    delete from there anything you'll feel like being personal and/or
    sensitive data (or just replace it with XXXX).

Attach the saved event here, and if you can then also the part from the
factory log where the event was received (I'm not sure if it'll be
visible at all, if not, then never mind on this).

        Bye,
        Milan
The EWS_DEBUG part worked, but searching for the event entered on the phone gave no results. Here is the event, entered for 20:00 on the phone, but drifted two hours to 18:00:
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Ximian//NONSGML Evolution Calendar//EN
VERSION:2.0
METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY;LANGUAGE=en-US:Test20
DTSTART:20130602T180000
DTEND:20130602T190000
UID:1028db8dcfc0465e936a87d8027ade0d
CLASS:PUBLIC
PRIORITY:5
DTSTAMP:20130530T185125Z
TRANSP:OPAQUE
STATUS:CONFIRMED
SEQUENCE:0
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-APPT-SEQUENCE:0
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-OWNERAPPTID:2111173895
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INTENDEDSTATUS:BUSY
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:FALSE
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-IMPORTANCE:1
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INSTTYPE:0
X-MICROSOFT-DISALLOW-COUNTER:FALSE
 AAA=
X-EVOLUTION-CHANGEKEY:DwAAABYAAADZpHxTQYzrRJ5/zjxxNiNuAAAAKuxn
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
P.S.: it seems to me that you use message digests on this list, it'll be
better to turn that off (follow URL at the very bottom of this and every
email on this list), then you can reply to individual messages without
breaking threading (and making the message hard to follow, because I was
about to discard your whole message after reaching the first
"reply-part" in it). Thanks.
I hope this post "comes to the right place". I had to reply based on the digest since I did not have your single post. I have now disabled digesting and hopefully I am on the right track now
Best regards
Vidar