Re: [Evolution] attachments issue

On Thu, 2013-05-16 at 10:30 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

 the .pdf source is indeed  there (and the mail file is huge)
Define huge.  1Mb? 5Mb? 100Mb? 10Gb?
around 15Mb
Personally I wouldn't trust any mail system with that size of
attachment.

Personally I, and 600+ other users here, deal with attachments multiple
times that size every day all day with no issues what-so-ever.

This is not 1991.

According to my notes I increased the maximum message size at my site
from 20Mb to 75Mb in 2003... with no measurable increase in issues.

 If you send it to
 yourself, can you read it in the normal folders?
NO, this is the issue: If I just  browse the Sent folder, and try to
open the mail with the large .pdf attchment, then Evo hangs
That's not what I meant.  If you send it to yourself - i.e put your own
address in the To: header - the mail will eventually appear in your
INBOX (as well as the sent folder) - can you then read the message OK in
your INBOX?

Good question.  Maybe the Sent folder is torqued somehow.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383