Re: [Evolution] attachments issue

Hi,

thsk for your help.

The pdf helper seems to be ok, since it opens some .pdf attachments.
The issue seems to be with LARGE .pdf file, indeed only with outgoing ones.
Note, if I go to the folder /root/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/<folder name>/cur
and open the mail file, the .pdf source is indeed  there (and the mail file is huge).
If I cut it away, then EVO works fine (but I have lost the attachment)
any idea?
thks, cheers
mario

2013/5/15 Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 19:19 +0200, mario wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I suffer the following issue.
> It happens that I am unable to open mails with .pdf attachments I have
> sent. If I try, Evo hangs and I have to kill the process.
>
> Where do I need to look at?
> (I am on Evo 3.4.1, Linux Fedora 17)

Since Evo doesn't read PDF directly, it uses a helper application. The
problem may be there rather than with Evo (I agree it shouldn't hang,
but it's not a very recent version). Check your desktop settings to see
if the PDF helper is correctly configured.

poc