[Evolution] Unable to open address book

Dear List,

I started using Linux Mint 14 after being a Fedora user for many years.
I backed up my data and settings using the Backup Menu item (File >
Backup Evolution Data...) on my Fedora 18 laptop and used the backup
file whilst setting up Evolution on my Desktop where I installed Linux
Mint 14.

When switching to the Contacts view I get an error message with the
following details:

Unable to open address book
This address book cannot be opened.  Please check that the
path /home/gavin/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system-address-book
exists and that permissions are set to access it.
Detailed error message: Cannot open book: db error 0xffff8703
(DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery)

When restoring from the Evolution backup it created:

$ ls -l ~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system
total 10352
-rw-r--r-- 1 gavin gavin    69632 Apr 15 10:46 addressbook.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 gavin gavin     5549 Dec 15  2011 addressbook.db.summary
-rw-r--r-- 1 gavin gavin    29696 Apr 15 10:46 contacts.db
-rw-r----- 1 gavin gavin 10485760 Apr 29 23:23 log.0000000001
drwx------ 2 gavin gavin     4096 Feb 11 21:42 photos

but Evolution seems to want
~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system-address-book. So I shutdown
Evolution, killed the address book background process and copied
~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system to
~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system-address-book and restarted
my system. Unfortunately that did not solve the problem.

In Linux Mint 14 I am running Evolution 3.6.2.

Anyone have suggestions as to what to try next so I can fix this
problem?

All the best,

Gavin
--
Gavin Simpson, PhD                          [t] +1 306 337 8863
Adjunct Professor, Department of Biology    [f] +1 306 337 2410