Re: [Evolution] From POP3 to IMAP

On Thu, 2013-03-28 at 17:02 +0100, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
It's about the old mail. This is now in mbox format and I would like
to transfer it to imap.

IMAP is not a format, it's a protocol.
Mbox is not a protocol, it's a format.

The question I think you're trying to ask is "how do I import mbox
format mailboxes into my new IMAP server"?

You can do this with some server-side facility, which depends on the
specific IMAP server implementation. Or you can set up the server with a
bunch of IMAP-based user accounts and import the mail by dragging it
from the local mbox folder to the remote IMAP folder for each user.

The first of these is likely to be much more practical, especially for a
large number of accounts. However the details depend entirely on what
IMAP server you propose to use and have nothing to do with Evolution.

poc