[Evolution] From POP3 to IMAP

Hello,

I use Evolution on a thin-client server with over 100 users.
At the moment POP3 is used, the mail is stored in maildir.

I would like to change to IMAP and I am looking for a way without
loosing flags like "read".

Do I loose the flags when I would install an IMAP server like Dovecot or
Courier?

And does an IMAP server like Dovecot or Courier change anything in the
existing maildir?

I would like to use Cyrus IMAP, but Cyrus does not use maildir. When I
install Dovecot or Courier I could use the program ImapSync to migrate
everything over IMAP to Cyrus.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl/