Re: [Evolution] About performance

Hi Adam,

It seems it's working nice for you.

I don't understand what really happens. I will try to do some investigation. It would be nice to run under a tracer
so I can see where the time is lost...

Thank you.

El lun, 11-03-2013 a las 15:48 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams escribió:
On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 20:20 +0100, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm experiencing a lot of performance issues with latests evolution. I
> think that since introduction of sql backend.
> The problem is that I have to wait for a new mail window about  16
> secs, or more. It constantly hangs or crashes and the interface is
> little responsive.
> Evo version is 3.6.2.
> I think this is not normal.

Nope.

>  I have to say that software is on a SSD disk and data is on SATA 3GB
> disk. I don't see much IO on disks while operating so it seems to be
> something related with evo in its core.
> Is someone experiencing this kind of issues?

Not I.  Occasionally it has a l-o-n-g exit/shutdown.  But navigation,
message viewing, starting is all very rapid.

evolution-3.6.3-1.1.x86_64

> I have that the problem is so awful that I'm thinking to switch to
> thunderbird.
> I think that developers must put an exclamation mark on this issue
> since will made evo lost every client. With no users to maintain the
> project will die. So it's a blocking issue.

Er?  It is stable for me.

> Some data:
> 5 accounts configured. IMAP/POP

Four accounts, all IMAP.

> 1002M .cache/evolution/

awilliam linux-nysu:~> du -ks .cache/evolution
6,097,476 .cache/evolution
> du -sh .local/share/evolution/
> 3,2G .local/share/evolution/
> My system has 8GB and no need to swap and a RAID 1 disk for the data
> storage. System is on SSD as I said before.
> Main account has only 2000 Mails, the rest is on local disk (Account)
> that for me is like a backup for the online accounts (IMAP ones).

I have no idea how many messages my main account has,  well over 100K.