Re: [Evolution] About performance

On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 20:20 +0100, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
Hello,
I'm experiencing a lot of performance issues with latests evolution. I
think that since introduction of sql backend.
The problem is that I have to wait for a new mail window about  16
secs, or more. It constantly hangs or crashes and the interface is
little responsive.
Evo version is 3.6.2.
I think this is not normal.

Nope.

 I have to say that software is on a SSD disk and data is on SATA 3GB
disk. I don't see much IO on disks while operating so it seems to be
something related with evo in its core.
Is someone experiencing this kind of issues?

Not I.  Occasionally it has a l-o-n-g exit/shutdown.  But navigation,
message viewing, starting is all very rapid.

evolution-3.6.3-1.1.x86_64

I have that the problem is so awful that I'm thinking to switch to
thunderbird.
I think that developers must put an exclamation mark on this issue
since will made evo lost every client. With no users to maintain the
project will die. So it's a blocking issue.

Er?  It is stable for me.

Some data:
5 accounts configured. IMAP/POP

Four accounts, all IMAP.

1002M .cache/evolution/

awilliam linux-nysu:~> du -ks .cache/evolution
6,097,476 .cache/evolution
du -sh .local/share/evolution/
3,2G .local/share/evolution/
My system has 8GB and no need to swap and a RAID 1 disk for the data
storage. System is on SSD as I said before.
Main account has only 2000 Mails, the rest is on local disk (Account)
that for me is like a backup for the online accounts (IMAP ones).

I have no idea how many messages my main account has,  well over 100K.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383