Re: [Evolution] Some emails do not appear in my inbox - why?

On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 13:59 +0000, Tony Hamilton wrote:
That seems reasonable - except that that option does not exist in the
installed version of Evolution. The only option close to it is whether
or not to delete email from the server once it has been downloaded.

I don't have an option about using IMAP - my ISP-provided server is a
POP3 server, so I have to use POP protocol - correct?

There is a workaround if you have a Gmail account. Set up Gmail to fetch
all your POP mail from the ISP account (there's a Google Help page on
how to do this), then use IMAP to access the Gmail account.

As a general rule, using multiple POP clients on the same account tends
to lead to complications. If you really want to do this, the sanest way
is to configure all of your clients to "leave mail on server", except
for one (e.g. Evolution) which should download everything.

However if you want to have access to all of your mail from any client,
then IMAP is the way to go.

poc