Re: [Evolution] Some emails do not appear in my inbox - why?

Help about says I'm using Evolution 3.2.3  (under Ubuntu 12.04)

I'm using pop, as far as I know.

On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 11:35 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 11:22 +0000, Tony Hamilton wrote:
In the last few weeks I have found that less than 100% of the emails
sent to my address appear in my Evolution email client inbox. It's
actually more like only 70% - the missing 30% are the important ones
too!. They are there in inbox on my ISP's mail server and I can access
them via web-mail, but they will not download to my email client.

Is this an error in the way I have defined the account in Evolution? If
so, why has it happened only in the last few weeks?

Could it be in any way connected with my purchase of  a Samsung Galaxy
S2 at about the same time? I set this up to synchronise with the email
address with which  I am now having problems. I later cancelled that
synchronisation to conserve battery power. I notice now that I get email
notifications to my smart-phone for certain emails only that are sent to
that email address (i.e. not all emails result in a notification) and
that there is a 100% correlation between the notifications sent to my
phone and the non-appearance of the email in my Evolution client.

Any advice?

Please tell us what version of Evolution you are using, and how you are
accessing your emails - i.e. imap, pop, ews, mapi?

P.