Re: [Evolution] Evo 3.6.3 Cannot Change Password

On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 14:22 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 17:04 +0000, Svante R Signell wrote:
(Sorry for top posting, I using the webmail (M$) interface.)

Well, you could scroll to the bottom before typing ...

Now sending from evo...

I have a similar problem: evo 3.4.4-2 Debian testing. Cannot send
mails any longer, evo claims that it cannot connect to the smtp server.
In my settings I have Server requires authentication, SSL and plain
auth. I have not checked remember password, but do not get questioned
for one any longer. I did delete/install gnome-keyring but that did not
help. I get the password prompt for receiving mails, however. Any
hints?

Erasing and reinstalling gnome-keyring isn't going to do anything at
all, since that has no effect on your personal keyring data. You can
examine and edit the data with Seahorse.

The passwords for the account I was sending from was not found in
seahorse on that computer. This mail is sent from another computer. Here
I get the pop-up box for a password for sending an email, and the
network passord is found by seahorse. evo version is the same, 3.4.4-2
debian/testing/unstable. A remnant from old versions of evo?