Re: [Evolution] Reply To Mail Closes Automatically Original Message

On Mon, 2013-06-17 at 06:59 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Mon, 2013-06-17 at 11:09 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
You should probably close down evolution completely before doing this,
and don't be tempted to randomly change other keys in dconf unless you
really, really know what you are doing.

Ritesh advised me to use the dconf-editor for what I wanted to achieve
and it worked fine, even while Evolution was still running. So I can
confirm that you do NOT have to shut down Evolution before editing
settings.

Actually it's fine to change dconf values while Evolution is running.
In fact in many cases when you tweak a value in the Preferences window,
Evolution picks up the new value by reacting to the change notification
from dconf.

For this particular key I recently replaced the free-form string value
with a set of choices - and have been doing so for other similar keys -
to try and make dconf tweaking even more foolproof.

Thanks Matthew for changing to a set of choices. I would not have known which value to put there.

Pascal