Re: [Evolution] How do I restore a evo backup from v 2.30.3 (f13) to evo version 3.6.4

On Fri, 2013-05-31 at 10:29 -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
I understand the format is different is there a conversion script?
Contacts seemed to restore OK but I also want my archived mail and
folders.

The conversion of format should happen automatically as part of the
restore process.

Basically the backup is a tar.gz file that contains all the data plus a
few files that contain gconf/dconf dumps of the configuration.  When the
file is restored, it is just untar'd into the original locations (and
the gconf keys imported) and then Evo is restarted.  At this restart Evo
detects old format files and updates the formats and locations to the
new ones.

Things that can go wrong such as if you configured an account before
restoring the data - Evo then thinks it has already done an upgrade so
doesn't try and convert the restored data.  There was also, at some
point, some issues around restoring data from a 32-bit system onto a
64-bit one.

Also, I seem to remember there was a big format changed from 2.30 ->
2.32, so I don't know if doing 2.30 -> 3.6 is just too much for the
conversion process to cope with.

Ultimately, you can always retrieve the mail folders manually.  There's
plenty of descriptions of how to do it in the archives - here's  a bit