Re: [Evolution] Increase Font Size in HTML messages

Hi Matthew,

thanks a lot for the quick response.

On Mon, 2013-06-03 at 21:03 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Tue, 2013-06-04 at 00:53 +0200, Pascal Hasko Bernhard wrote:
I'm surprised to notice that I can zoom into  some HTML-mails (via CTRL
++ or CTRL + mousewheel scrolling), that is increase font and picture
size, with others that does not work.  I'm wondering why that is so, is
that feature specified in the HTML-message itself?

Make sure you're actually pressing Ctrl '+' and not Ctrl '='.

At least on a U.S. keyboard, the '+' and '=' are on the same physical
key, but the '+' requires you to hold down Shift.  (Or try the scenic
route with View -> Zoom -> Zoom In.)

I'm actually on a German keyboard layout, here the '+' is on the '[' key
(from a US perspective), no Shift needed.

Zooming in with this method works for me for all HTML mails presently at
my disposal -- mostly in my Junk folder, and also a few Amazon orders
where the inline CSS explicitly specifies the font size (in pixels no
less), and WebKit does the right thing regardless.

Well the HTML-mails in questions are from a Yahoo group, and the guys
over at that company seem to screw up everything they can, so I wouldn't
be surprised if they even messed up their message HTML (If this is even
possible technically)

To get a bit technical, for the "Zoom In" command Evolution simply calls
webkit_web_view_zoom_in().  What happens next is entirely up to WebKit.

Thanks for the technical info. I'm not a programmer but still nice to
know

Pascal