[Evolution] OT: Evolution on 64 bits Linux system

On Wed, 2013-07-31 at 11:00 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
All types of "communities" on the net have their traditions or norms -
posting to a forum is very different to posting to a mailing list

Sorry, now I have to opt in again. The OP claimed that top-posting in
forums is common practise. I never have seen top-posting in a forum,
this is ridiculous. There are no or at least only unused mailing lists
for the office software "normal" people use, so no evidence for the OP's
claims.

I agree, usually people get help on mailing lists, even if they quote
multiple copies of signatures, use HTML and ignore sane quoting style,
but at some point, when mails get to long, it becomes impossible to
help, without puzzling around.
This was explained to the OP and now he's spiteful.

I recommend not to continue this discussion. Seemingly the OP thinks we
would get excited and he seems to like this. Unlikely that people who
use mailing lists for a long time get excited by such nonsense. We tried
to explain why it's useful not to top post and if he won't take care
about it any discussion just is wasting time and cause useless traffic.

If you continue, than perhaps by a new thread. People might google for
"Evolution on 64 bits Linux system" and find this off-topic.

0.02 EUR