Re: [Evolution] Evolution does not download all messages stored in folders (IMAP account)

When right-clicking on a folder and selecting properties the new pop-up
window tells me for many accounts that they contain say X messages, non
of them unread. Still no mails displayed in the message list. For some
folders I'm told that there should be over 200 messages in them, but
still only a tiny fraction of them or not a single one is to be seen. I
checked via webmail whether the number of mails Evolution tells me there
should be is correct, and most of the time there are actually more
messages in the folders than I'm told. As I do not have any empty mail
folders on any account, seeing a folder with no message always makes me
very suspicious.

The only way you are going to sort out what's happening is to get some
debugging information.  Have you run Evolution from the command line?
Do you get any suspicious activity? Have a look at

  https://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml

and get a debug log using CAMEL_DEBUG=all - this will give you all the
IMAP chatter and you should be able to see what's going on.  If you
can't see any problems, then post a link to a sanitized copy of the logs
here and someone else will have a look to see if there are any obvious
problems.

The bottom line is that IMAP support in Evolution is usually rock solid.
I suspect it's some oddity with the server - you've never said what
server you are using?  Has anything changed with that recently?

P.