Re: [Evolution] Mark emails as read annoyance

On Mon, 2013-08-19 at 15:58 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On 19 August 2013 15:25, Ralf Mardorf <ralf mardorf rocketmail com>
wrote:
        On Mon, 2013-08-19 at 15:08 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
        > I would say that it's a matter of opinion whether this is
        correct
        > behaviour or not. I don't know of a precise specification of
        what the
        > timeout semantics are supposed to be (other than the code)
        so you might
        > need to propose it as a change in BZ.

        Patrick, I agree that different behaviours could be wanted,
        but there
        anyway is a "feature" I would call a bug. If an unread mail is
        marked
        while emptying the trash, this mail will be marked as read
        after trash
        is emptied.

That sounds like something different. There are two ways to empty the
Trash:

1) Select File->Empty Trash
2) Visit the Trash virtual folder and expunge it (Ctrl-E)

If you mean (1), it does sound like a bug. If you mean (2), then it's
not so clear.

I mean (1), since I talked about an unread mail as marked and if I would
select the trash folder first, only a mail that anyway should be deleted
could be marked ;).

Regards,
Ralf

PS: Now I wouldn't have missed to choose the correct account, but Cc'ing
was a good idea :).