Re: [Evolution] expunge individual messages from inbox

On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 18:45 -0400, joe akalabs net wrote:
On 2013-08-13 18:03, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 17:18 -0400, joe akalabs net wrote:

Is it possible to expunge individual messages without deleting them
first?

No, that doesn't make sense.

OK, I didn't understand the IMAP trash construct. I guess my question
is how does one make a one-stroke keyboard shortcut to move a message to
another folder?

If I make a folder called "attic" how do I hit a key combination to
move selected stuff from the inbox to "attic"? Some drag-and-drop or
three click operation isn't viable.

With mutt I always had a local non-imap folder called "trash". Hitting
'd' would move a message to trash. 'Shift-D' permanently deleted the
message instead. I'm trying to roughly replicate this work flow.

Ctrl-D marks the message for deletion. It won't disappear till you
expunge the folder. I'm not sure how that differs from what you're used
to in Mutt, except that there's no copying and expunging is per-folder
and not per-message.

If that's not good enough, Ctrl-Shift-V will move the message to another
folder. You still have to select which one but that can be done from the
keyboard (use the arrow keys or start typing the folder's name).

Possibly you could use labels, i.e. define a new label as "attic",
together with a virtual folder that collects all "attic"-labelled
messages, but AFAIK you still need to select the label manually.

You can mark a message as Important with a single click immediately to
the left of the sender in the messages pane.

poc

poc