Re: [Evolution] expunge individual messages from inbox

On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 17:18 -0400, joe akalabs net wrote:
I'm using evolution for the first time and I'm confused about the work
flow. Looking at my inbox I want to hit something like ctrl-del to
immediately permanently delete (expunge?)

Expunge is Ctrl-E.

Workflow is simple:
  (1) Delete messages
  (2) Expunge messages

It is optional to show [or not] deleted messages.

the selected message. For
other messages I want to hit just delete and have the message moved to
trash, which seems to work fine.

Trash is really nothing but a move [and I never use Trash in any client,
not in years - IMAP already provides a server-supported two-phase
deletion workflow].  Trash is just fighting the workflow.  Honestly I'm
not even sure how Trash works in Evolution.

But if you want to move the message to another folder - why not just
move the message to another folder.

I believe some servers support move-to-folder as an overload of the
expunge or delete operations, but that doesn't concern Evolution one way
or the other.

 I cannot figure out the first part. Is
it possible to expunge individual messages without deleting them first?

No, that doesn't make sense.