Re: [Evolution] Evolution filters and outgoing mail

Apologies for replying to my own post, but there were no other replies
and in the meantime I seem to have found a solution. I hope this might
help someone else.

I originally said:

I have various filters set up, to redirect mail into other folders.
These include filters on outgoing mail.

What puzzles me is that outgoing mail that isn't caught by a filter
doesn't end up in my Sent folder - or anywhere else that I can see. In
the preferences the Sent folder is the one nominated for sent
messages.

My solution was to create a new folder which I called sent-mail, and to
add a new filter at the end of the outgoing filters which would always
match an outgoing message. The filter action was then to move (not copy
- tried that and it didn't work) the message to the sent-mail folder.

I did at first try setting the filter to copy the messages into Outbox
or Sent, but neither of those options worked. I was only able to make
things work with a folder that Evolution didn't seem to regard as in
some way special.

So I'm now back to being able to retain copies of messages I send. Whew!

HTH

John

I'm running evo 3.4.4, which is the latest version for my Fedora 17
distribution.

I have various filters set up, to redirect mail into other folders.
These include filters on outgoing mail.

What puzzles me is that outgoing mail that isn't caught by a filter
doesn't end up in my Sent folder - or anywhere else that I can see. In
the preferences the Sent folder is the one nominated for sent messages.

I'd be very grateful for any words of advice on how I can retain copies
of outgoing messages. And yes, I did try the Fine Manual but without
success.
--
John Foster