Re: [Evolution] Just exactly how do folders at a remote server appear in evolution?

On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 13:14 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
It seems that folders in my home directory on the server in the
directory Mail appear in evolution on my home machine.   But I think I
have to click on the title of the server, choose manage subscriptions,
and subscribe to what I want to appear.

I suspect you're using a Courier IMAP server, which expects IMAP clients
to implement the "NAMESPACE" IMAP extension [1].  It thought Evolution's
IMAP backend handled that, but I might be wrong, or it might be broken.

Any chance I could get a temporary guest account on that server for the
purpose of Evolution testing?  (Reply privately if so, please.)

Matthew Barnes

[1] http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2342.txt