Re: [Evolution] Configuring evolution-mapi for Exchange 2000 server vs. Openchange client

On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 12:49 -0600, Josh Jackson wrote:
I'm having some difficulty configuring evolution-mapi to access my
department's Exchange 2000 server. I am able to access the same
account using the openchange command line client. When I try to add
the account in evolution I check the 'Kerberos authentication' box and
put in the same realm as I used when I setup openchange and it
responds 'Host unreachable'. If I uncheck the Kerberos authentication
checkbox it refuses my password - the same password that works in
openchange.

        Hi,
I guess the "Host unreachable" is caused by the server, returning
incorrect address. But why you get your password rejected is strange.
Could you run evolution like this, please:
   $ LIBMAPI_DEBUG=15 evolution &>log.txt
and do the authentication with kerberos, then observe the log.txt file.
One thing, the file will be very long, it logs quite much information,
thus check the end, I suppose it'll write there the "host unreachable"
error too. Then you can see what host it is. I would add this host to
your /etc/hosts, with correct IP, to workaround issue in server setup
(if it's it).

You can similarly catch log with the password. By any chance, do you
have set also "Use secured connection" in evolution? I do not see that
being on in your mapiprofile command, thus I would unset it too - or
vice versa for testing.
        Hope it helps,
        Milan