Re: [Evolution] Converting from a PST

On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 14:49 -0700, Mike Lieberman wrote:
Is there a limit to the size of the PST file that the Windows version
of evolution can import? I am attempting to my from using a Windows 7
(32bit) wks to a Debian (64bit) wks. I have been using Outlooks for
eighteen years. (Yes - since 1994) and my PST is 9+GB. Installed
evolution on my Windows wks and started an Import. It has been running
for 12 hours and appears to be hung in a folder that just isn't that
larger on it's own.

        Hi,
I'm not sure if I got it right. You are moving from Windows to Debian,
and you want your mails from Outlook on Windows being imported into
Evolution. That I understand. What I do not understand is: did you
install Evolution version for Windows, and you are trying to import
the .pst file there? The thing is that that version (whatever it is) is
too old (the unofficial version is 3.0.2 [1], while current stable Linux
version is 3.6.2), not talking about pstimport plugin version. I suggest
that you rather "copy" the .pst file to your Debian version and import
the file there. I guess they have 3.6.x there, or at least 3.4.x, where
the pst plugin received some changes.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] See bottom of http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/download.shtml