Re: [Evolution] drop-in replacement for Outlook?

On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 12:08 +0000, Tom Davies wrote:
So i am wondering if she could
1.  learn Evolution (and LibreOffice)  so that she could
2.  become an advocate for OpenSource software almost by accident

On what kind of operating system?

Your post didn't say, but I got the impression you might be thinking of
trying one of the Evolution builds for Windows.  If so, I would strongly
recommend against it.  The Windows builds are experimental at best and
not supported in the least, and would likely not leave a good first
impression of open source software.

If she would be using a Unix-like operating system for which Evolution
is targeted, then I suppose the online user documentation would be the
closest thing to a training course.  The user documentation is written
with a task-oriented narrative which should help a newcomer get up and
running quickly.

http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/

Andre Klapper authored the documentation.  I'm sure he would appreciate
feedback from a first-time user.

Matthew Barnes