Re: [Evolution] Speed of restore - Evolution 3.2.3

On Tue, 2012-11-06 at 23:30 +0100, Thomas Prost wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 06.11.2012, 09:36 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:

A couple of points:

1) You don't say how the NAS is connected. NFS? Samba? Rsync? Rsync is
possibly more efficient in this use case, since all the heavy lifting
will be done on the end machines rather than the NAS.

2) AFAIK Evo backup and restore is not really designed for this
scenario. It's more for migrating to a new system. In fact I never use
it even for regular backups as I already back up my entire account.
(Doesn't everybody?)

I've been thinking about that, but didn't find any sufficient attempt to
it, yet.
How do you do it ?

How do I do what? I'm not sure which point you're referring to. I back
up my account (and other stuff) using rsnapshot. I don't back up my Evo
information separately.

poc