Re: [Evolution] Evo and command line mode

On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 19:51 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
in my business world I have to
use a MS Exchange server without SMTP and POP, only OWA, and for this I
have to use either OutLook or Evo (free of this restriction I never
would use Evo, but 'mutt' as MUA);

It's not that hard to script something that'll send using EWS or
ActiveSync from the command line, given a full RFC822 message as input.
You don't need Evolution for that.

You can also put pre-composed messages directly into Evolution's Drafts
folder, and then open them in the composer and just hit 'send'. I don't
know if it's possible to trigger that send step from outside the UI
though; I suspect not but it may well be possible to fix that.

And of course you *can* specify a lot of things, including a message
body, in a mailto: URL and have Evolution honour them all. But I don't
think it goes as far as attachments. That might be hard to fix because I
don't think you *want* it honouring '&attach=~/.ssh/id_rsa' in a mailto:
URL.

--
dwmw2