Re: [Evolution] convert to Maildir or IMAP from evolution's "offline backup"

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 11:18 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 10:18 -0700, shawn wrote:
I accidentally deleted alot of email from my IMAP server.
I made a copy of the offline copy that evolution makes. 3/4 of my email
is only
in this backup. How can i convert this backup into Maildir or IMAP

Is this a current [~3.2] version?  If so I'd put together a Python
script that recursively walks alls all the files in below
and reads each one to construct an MBOX file of each folder.

Parser from email.Parser will read a message from a string or a
file-handle.  The individual files are raw messages.

That *is* Maildir. So if you want to "convert this backup into Maildir"
then just copy those individual files from each directory in Evolution's
backup, to the appropriate directory in your normal mail store
(~/Maildir/ on the mail server, perhaps).

If you're using an older version of Evolution where the local storage is
mbox, you'll want a script like mb2md to do the conversion to Maildir.