Re: [Evolution] FAQ vs User Docs [was: reanimation of backup]

On Wed, 2012-03-14 at 09:57 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On the other hand, the generated HTML pages [1] could really use a table
of contents.  I do still find the FAQ easier to search, though.  There's
something to be said for having all the answers on one page.

Yeah, that's the advantage of "linear" (paperbook) style that we lost by
the transition from Docbook to Mallard format, in order to get the
advantage of task orientation and easy extensibility for downstream
projects. :)

But there's room for improvement in how it's presented
on the web.

I agree, but not sure if either Mallard and/or the XSLT (?) on
library.gnome.org support creating and displaying a table of contents.

ToCs probably never got considered as I don't know any other GNOME
application with Mallard-formatted help that is that complex (Evolution
currently has 220 help pages).

Matthew: Could you file a bug report (and CC a9016009@ and shaunm@) at
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=website&component=library.gnome.org
?